Manual File Upload
The button "UPLOAD FILES" is for uploading files in Alteia to the Site that is currently being viewed within the platform. Files uploaded are to be used as inputs for analytics, for 2D or 3D visualization, or just to store data to be shared with your collaborators.
Examples of files can be construction as-built, future mine plans, previously processed data from other sources such as manned aircraft, ground-based sensors, satellite tile, or human surveys.
You can also create a new survey for an existing Site when uploading a file.
Note: the workflow to upload a raw image dataset is described in the Upload Survey article.
Step 1 - Select the site.
Step 2 - Click on "UPLOAD FILES".
Step 3 - Chose survey option:
- A new survey (creation of a survey)
- All surveys (=site level)
- A specific survey of the site
Step 4 - Drag and Drop or browse the file.
Step 5 - Click on "NEXT".
Step 6 - Rename the file, if necessary.
Step 7 - Define the type (See Table 1, Paragraph 3.).
Step 8 - Define the category (see Table 2, Paragraph 4.).
Step 9 - Define Coordinate Reference Systems (CRS).
Step 10 - Click on "UPLOAD".
Step 11 - Caution message to inform that logging out of Alteia or closing the browser tab before upload completion will stop the process. Click on "CONFIRM" to launch the upload.
Step 12 - Follow the progression of the uploading.
Step 13 - Alteia notifies the user that the uploading is done.
- Uploaded files are in the Download section of Alteia. It is possible to download or delete them and check the information (Type, Author, publication date, CRS, etc...).
- Depending on the type and categories, files uploaded are added in the corresponding categories. The categories could be created by the upload.
Example: vector file for microplots in category "Contours".
4. File Types
- The following file types are supported and can be imported to either add data to an existing survey or to create a new survey.
Table 1: accepted files format
|Vector||kml , json , geojson , topojson , zip shapefile , dxf (single-layer)|
|Point Cloud||las (1.2 & 1.4), laz|
|Mesh||obj (+ mtl) , glb|
|Image||tif , jpeg ( + dlc for UX11 users)|
|File||zip , csv , xlsx|
- A warning message is displayed in case of the file to upload has an extension not recognized for the selected file type.
5. File Category
- A file category can be added to a file that originated outside of the Alteia platform so Alteia's analytics can reference the specific file format. The following selections are available to the user, sorted per industry.
Table 2: Files Categories
|Generic||Agriculture & Forestry||Mines & Aggregates||Power & Utilities||None|