How to Create your first Site and Survey
1. First Site creation
Before exploiting Alteia analytics, the platform user must create a first site and a survey.
Site creation requires Manager level permissions for the desired account.
Here are the basic steps to start with :
1.1 Login and company selection
Once you have accepted the invitation to create your user account, you can login to Alteia.
- Press login at the top of the screen, and then log into your account on the next page.
- Once logged in, to create a site, you can either select the Company from the drop-down list in which you want to create the site, or if the filter “All Companies” selected, directly click on the Create a Site Button on the top bar, on the right corner.
1.2 Site creation
Once you clicked on the “Create a site” button, either on a specific company or directly from the starting page, you will be prompted to fill in theSite properties:
You will need to attach the site to a specific Company among the ones you manage. Then choose the name of your Site (mandatory) and the Coordinate Reference System.
2. First Survey creation
Only the User and the Manager can create a Survey.
As for the Site creation, you can create a Survey by:
- Choosing a Company where you want to create the Survey.
- Or, directly from the starting page when selecting the “All companies” filter
Either way, you will need to attach the new Survey to one of the Companies you manage:
Once you have selected the Company, there are three main steps during the survey creation :
2.1 Site choice and survey name
When clicking on the “Create a survey” button, you will be able to upload the dataset of your survey either via Drag & Drop or by browsingthrough your files or directories:
- Then you can link the survey to a New site or an Existing one:
2.2 Image selection
Select or deselect images to upload on the left panel. The selection area on the map can also be used for the same purpose.
After the image selection, you must select their Coordinate Reference System (CRS):
- If the picture have metadatas, the input CRS will be filled automatically. The vertical CRS is not set automatically
- If not, after adding the geolocation coordinates file (generally in a csv file), choose the appropriate formatting source and the File CRS
2.3 Photogrammetry settings
The switch button "ORDER PHOTOGRAMMETRY" enables to choose whether the Uploaded data has to be processed or not.
The photogrammetry settings is set according the user photogrammetry preset. Those presets can be changed by clicking on “Change Settings” or following the explanation on the section 5 of the article Photogrammetry Engines & Options.
The user must select the desired Coordinate Reference System (CRS) of the output files. By default, it will be the CRS of the Site. If the Site doesn't have CRS, then the localUTM CRS where the site hase been created will be chosen.
The last point is the choice of adding or not Ground Control Points (GCPS).
Continue here to learn more about the Ground Control Points (GCP).