Tree Density Indicators
This analytic allows to generate advanced density statistics in a plantation or forest.
1. Inputs and parameters
- Tree tops (Tree detection)
- Tree crowns (Tree detection)
- Field boundaries (How to create a Field Boundaries)
- Grid (optional) (Grid designer)
- Suffix: to be added to the result name
- Ideal tree density: ideal number of trees per hectare
- AOI Density vector: provides density indicator in the Area of Interest
- AOI Grid density vector: provides density indicator in the Area of Interest with a grid
AOI Density vector and AOI Grid density vector:
- number_of_trees: number of trees in the AOI
- tree_density: number of trees per ha in the AOI
- tree_density_unit: unit
- tree_density_deviation: 100* (tree_density - ideal_tree_density)/ ideal_tree_density (with ideal_tree_density = 100 trees/ha)
- tree_density_deviation_unit: unit
- tree_area: surface covered by the crowns in the AOI
- tree_are_unit: unit
- mean_tree_top_distance: average distance between the trees in the AOI (average distance of the five nearest trees for each tree)
- mean_tree_top_distance_unit: unit
- mean_min_tree_top_distance: lowest average distance between the trees in the AOI (ie average distance between the nearest tree for each trees)
- mean_min_tree_top_distance_unit: unit
- mean_tree_crown_distance: average distance between the crowns in the AOI (ie average distance of the five nearest tree crowns for each trees)
- mean_tree_crown_distance_unit: unit
- mean_min_tree_crown_distance: lowest average distance between each crown in the AOI (ie average distance of the nearest crown for each tree)
- mean_min_tree_crown_distance_unit: unit
- mean_nb_touching_crowns: average number of crowns that touch a crown in the AOI
Step 1. Select the analytic Tree Density Indicators from the Analytic Catalog.
Step 2. Select your file inputs, Tree tops, Tree crowns, Field Boundaries and your Grid. You can click on the small eye icon to visualize the layers.
Step 3: Define your parameters and click on the “Launch Tree density Indicators” button
Suffix: Default value= none
Ideal tree density: Default value= 100
You can visualize the results by selecting the “Statistics” category from the SURVEY DATA section on the left side menu. Under this category you will have all the density statistics layers.
- When displaying the AOI Density you can choose in the Info Panel on the left, to visualize the density results based on different attributes:
- The same for the AOI Grid Density, when displaying the results you can choose to visualize them based on the corresponding attributes. A color-based grid will be then displayed and the legend is visible on the left side Info Panel.
The grid helps you visualize the distribution of the density indicators in your plantation.