Automated Stockpile Calculation and Stockpile Module
The Stockpile Module and its associated tool "Automated stockpile calculation" allows the realization of an inventory of the materials stored on a site and also the calculation of their surface, volume, or weight.
All this information can be exported in the form of a report allowing you to precisely monitor the extraction or storage of materials.
Only a user with a Manager or by default a User role can access the Stockpile Module. See Account and User Roles Management for more information on roles and permissions available on the platform.
2. Automated Stockpile Calculation
2.1 Running "Automated stockpile calculation"
- From the left menu on an opened Site, go to the Analytics tab, search and select "Automated stockpile calculation", and click on "LAUNCH".
- Select the 3 inputs necessary to launch the analytics and click on "LAUNCH AUTOMATED STOCKPILE CALCULATION".
2.2 Viewing results
- After its completion, a notification informs that the results are available. Click on the "Stockpiles" checkbox in the left menu panel to display stockpiles.
- Click on the "Stockpiles" in the left menu panel, a generic information panel will open with all the stockpiles. This information panel will show information such as the total number of stockpiles, the total weight, and the total volume. It will also display a chart with the material types and the number of piles that belong to that material type.
- Click on one of the stockpiles on the map to open the right panel with information specific to that selected pile, such as the stockpile iD. Click on "Show custom properties", and the panel will display volume, volume unit, and area. of that selected stockpile.
3. Stockpiles Module
3.1 Activate the Stockpile Module
The Stockpiles Module needs to be activated the first time it is used.
If "Automated stockpile calculation" analytics (see paragraph 2.) has been performed beforehand and its results delivered to the platform, the module will be automatically activated.
Once the module is activated, no need to activate it again.
Step 1 - To perform Self-Service stockpile management, activate the stockpile module by clicking on the 3 dots as seen in the image below, and click on "Activate stockpile module".
Step 2 - The module will appear in the left panel as seen below.
3.1 Access to the module
Click on the arrow button (boxed in red below) of the Stockpiles layer to access the module.
3.2 Module description
- After accessing the module, a list of all the stockpiles identified by Advanced Stockpiles analytics or the Self-Service stockpiles of the site is displayed.
- Choose to display or hide any stockpile(s) by clicking on the checkbox that corresponds to that pile.
- Locate any pile on the map by double-clicking on the number that corresponds to that pile.
- Stockpiles that don’t have a material type assigned to them are identified as a white polygon on the map and will have the following pictogram next to the checkbox in the left panel.
- Stockpiles generated by using the analytics “Automated stockpile calculation” will be separated from user-created stockpiles and will be made available as two different groups in the left panel:
- Advanced Stockpiles
- Self-Service Stockpiles
3.3 Add material to a stockpile
- Click on the stockpile to open its information panel, and in the "Material Type" section, choose a material to add to the selected stockpile.
- Click on "MANAGE MATERIAL TYPES" to add one or multiple material types if there is not a material type list already uploaded. Only users with a Manager role can upload material types files or create new ones. For more information, see Material Management.
3.4 Group by material
Tick the box near "Group by material type" to group all stockpiles together that have the same material assigned at the top of the list. Stockpiles without materials assigned will be grouped at the bottom of the list.
3.5 Add a new stockpile
Self-Service Stockpiles can be created by using your own manually generated polygons.
- Click on "+ Stockpile" to create a new stockpile and calculate its volume.
- Draw a polygon around the new stockpile and double-click to finish.
- A pop-up window will open.
- Give this new stockpile a name.
- Select which source data you wish to calculate the volume - Digital Surface Model (DSM) or Digital Terrain Model (DTM).
- Select the methods to calculate the volume.
- If known, you can also select the material type.
- Click on "Save" to add this new stockpile.
- All the self-created stockpiles will be grouped under "Self-Service Stockpiles".
3.6 Generating Stockpile Inventory Reports
It is possible to generate a report of all the stockpiles in different formats (PDF or CSV).
Step 1 - To do so, click on the "Generate report" button.
Step 2 - Give a name to this report and choose its format.
Step 3 - The report will be available in the download section under the same survey it was generated for.