Upload of Images for Agriculture & Forestry
Upload images on an existing project
If you have not created a project yet, kindly refer to the article How to create your first Site and Survey before proceeding
If the images are taken with a drone equipped with a multispectral camera (for example Micasense RedEdge MX), you normally have in the flight folder several pictures of a reflectance panel. These pictures are taken before and after the flight by the drone operator on the ground and will be used during the photogrammetry process.
Before uploading the images on Alteia, it is mandatory to select one reflectance image from each band that will be used for the photogrammetry.
Those images will be added to the flight images at the data set upload on Alteia.
Open the post-flight processed folder and locate the “Calibration” images folder. Under the Calibration folder, you must start with the Blue Band.
Find the image with no shadows over the panel with the least “exposure time (check image settings)” keep that one, and delete the rest of the images of that blue band.
For the Green, Red, Red-Edge, Near Infrared band, etc. keep the image that has the same reference “Image name” as the Blue Band and delete the rest. You should end up with 1 image of each band (Green, Red, Red-Edge, Near Infrared band, etc.) with the same reference in the calibration folder.
Those images will be used for the processing of images on Alteia.
1. Click on the 3 dots to the right of the project and select Upload a survey.
2. Browse your computer to find the images you wish to upload
3. Select the images needed and click Open
4. Flight Date - Alteia will automatically read the EXIF data, geo-locate the files and date (You may change it if needed)
5. Flight Name is optional and can be used to identify the survey by something other than the flight date, such as a particular area of interest, season, etc
6. You can filter the images you need to upload by drawing one or several polygons on the map (don’t forget the calibration target for multispectral sensor)
Additional images and metadata
If you have more flight images of the SAME survey, press on +Images to add the remaining images.
If your images don't have all the required metadata (especially the geolocation) or if you want to update the images metadata, click on + METADATA to upload the flight Metadata File in .CSV or .TXT format (Check the format of the file by pressing “i”).
The CRS of the raw images is automatically detected.
If you let the button “order photogrammetry” activated, the photogrammetry processing will be launched automatically after the images upload.
Click on “UPLOAD” and “CONFIRM” and you will be taken to the homepage where the project has been created. You can check the status of the upload by clicking on the cloud button.