Quick Guide to the Aether Software Interface
This article describes the interface and main functionalities of Aether.
2. Login Page
To login into Aether:
Step 1 - Enter your email address.
Step 2 - Enter your password.
Step 3 - Click on "LOGIN".
3. Starting Page
(1) Top Menu (see 3.1)
(2) Map View (see 3.2)
(3) Left Menu (see 3.3)
3.1 Top Menu
|(1)||"Company" menu: Menu to select a company. Company is the highest level entity in your account and is often the name of the company you work for. As a user, you view one company at a time but you can manage multiple and move between them.|
"CREATE A SITE" button: Opens a pop-up window to create a new "Site" for an existing "Company".
Note: A project within a "Company" is referred to as a "Site". See Site Creation .
"UPLOAD SURVEY" button: Opens a pop-up window to upload a "Survey" for an existing "Site" of a "Company".
Within a "Site", there may be one or more "Surveys" to which you will add data or images. See Upload Survey.
|(4)||"Uploads" button: To see the progression during file uploading.|
|(5)||"Notifications" button: All notifications are centralized here. A number is displayed and incremented with new notifications. See Notification Center.|
|(6)||"Help" button: Opens a menu to access the Knowledge Base, Contact Support, and visit Alteia’s website.|
|(7)||"Profile" button: Opens a menu to give access to the profile connected, change password options, and log out. See User Profile Edition.|
3.2 Map view
The Map View is an overview of the company’s site(s) and its location on the map. With the mouse wheel, you can zoom in and out and by making a left click you can navigate the map.
(1) Site Search menu: Search for the site you want to work on and click on it to open it.
(2) Name of a site and its location: Click on it to zoom in and open the site.
(3) Sites grouped together in close proximity: Click on a circle to zoom in on the location. If you zoom in enough, you will be able to separate the sites from each other and get the view as described by point (2).
(4) Map toolbar that allows:
- Resetting displayed orientation to North
- Zoom in on a selected area
- Zoom in (+) and zoom out (-)
- Select ground layer
3.3 Left Menu
Click on the icon of the lateral menu framed in red to expand the left menu.
Expand this menu to see the names of modules.
(1) "Close" button: Retract the menu
(2) "Data Studio" button: Gives access to the Map View module.
(3) Access specific modules (non-exhaustive list)
(4) "Administration" See Account and User Roles Management.
4. Opened site main page
Select a site to access this page.
(1) Top Menu (see 4.1)
(2) Viewing Tools (see 4.2)
(3) Map Toolbar (see 4.3)
(4) Survey Zone (see 4.4)
(5) Annotation Tools (see 4.5)
(6) Left Menu (see 4.6)
4.1 Top Menu
|(1)||"Return" button: To return to the starting page.|
"Company" menu: Where Company and Site selected are displayed.
Note: It is possible, thanks to a drop-down menu, to change the visualized site.
"Survey" menu: Change between surveys on the same site.
Note: The last survey of the site is displayed by default. The 3 dots menu allows deletion and renaming surveys. It also allows showing information about the site.
"UPLOAD FILES" button: Upload to the site or to a specific survey of different types of files.
See Manual File Upload.
|(5)||"UPLOAD SURVEY" button: See 3.1|
"Uploads", "Notifications", "Help" and "Profile" buttons: See 3.1
4.2 Viewing Tools
- Switch between 2D and 3D views, see 3D Viewer.
Example of 3D view
- Access to compare tools: Split your screen and compare 2 surveys. See Compare View.
Example of compared views
- Locate survey images. See Split View.
Example of split screen for image location.
4.3 Map Toolbar
- See paragraph 3.2.
4.4 Survey Zone
- The survey zone corresponds to the work area covered by a raster.
4.5 Annotations tools
- An annotation is a vector that can be created both in 2D or 3D view and then displayed on top of a raster layer. It is used to highlight or mark specific aspects such as lengths and perimeters and used to calculate areas and volumes. See Annotation Creation and Edition.
4.6 Left Menu
- With an open site, new buttons appear.
(1) "Layers" Menu: To organize and manage the layers linked to your site or survey. See Browsing and Arranging Layers.
(2) "Analytics" Menu: Gives access to a large choice of analytics to launch grouped by sector of activity. See more by searching them on the Knowledge Base.
(3) "Images" Menu: Gives access to all images of the survey and information for each one such as altitude, date, focal length, etc…
(4) "Download": Gives access to all downloadable and exportable items on a site. See Export Data.