Advanced Stockpile Analytics and Stockpile Module
This module generates the inventory of stored material and associates material types with stockpiles stored on your sites. This module is designed to calculate stockpile area, volume, and weight and generates a stockpile report for accurate aggregate production monitoring and reporting.
Only a user with a Manager or User role can access the stockpile module. See Account and User Roles Management for more information on roles and permissions.
2. Advanced stockpiles analytics
2.1 Activate the Stockpile module
The advanced analytics will be activated after the initial use for a site.
Step 1 - To perform Self-Service stockpile management, activate the stockpile module by clicking on the 3 dots as seen in the image below, and click on "Activate stockpile module".
Step 2 - The module will appear in the left panel as seen below and can be accessed by clicking on the arrow icon.
Note: If Advanced Stockpiles have been requested, the module will be activated by default upon delivery of the results.
2.2 Running Advanced Stockpiles Calculations
- From the left menu on an opened Site, go to the Analytics tab, you may look for the Advanced Stockpiles category or type the analytic name in the search bar and then click LAUNCH to initiate the analytics request.
2.3 Viewing Results
- After its completion, a notification informs that the results are available. Click on the "Stockpiles" checkbox in the left menu panel to display stockpiles.
IMPORTANT: Stockpiles that have materials assigned to them will be displayed in brown, and stockpiles that don't have them are displayed in white.
- Click on the "Stockpiles" in the left menu panel, a generic information panel will open with all the stockpiles. This information panel will show information such as the total number of stockpiles, the total weight, and the total volume. It will also display a chart with the Material types and the number of piles that belong to that material type.
- Click on one of the stockpiles on the map to open the right panel with information specific to that selected pile, such as the stockpile ID. Click on "Show custom properties", and the panel will display volume, volume unit, and area. of that selected stockpile.
ATTENTION: Paragraph 2. explains how to view the Stockpile information outside the stockpile module. Paragraph 3. will explain how to use/view the stockpiles within the Stockpile module.
3. Stockpiles Module
Only a user with a Manager or a User role can access the stockpiles module. For more information on Alteia's role permissions, see Account and User Roles Management.
3.1 Access to the module
Click on the arrow button (highlighted in red below) of the Stockpiles layer to access the module.
3.2 Module description
- After accessing the module, a list of all the stockpiles identified by Advanced Stockpiles analytics or the Self-Service stockpiles of the site is displayed.
- Choose to display or hide any stockpile(s) by clicking on the checkbox that corresponds to that pile.
- Locate any pile on the map by double-clicking on the number that corresponds to that pile.
- Stockpiles that don’t have a material type assigned to them are identified as a white polygon on the map and will have the following pictogram next to the checkbox in the left panel.
- Stockpiles generated by using the analytic “Advanced Stockpiles” will be separated from user-created stockpiles and will make available as two different groups in the left panel:
- Advanced Stockpiles
- Self-Service Stockpiles
3.3 Add material to a stockpile
- Click on the stockpile to open its information panel, and in the "Material Type" section, choose a material to add to the selected stockpile.
- Click on "MANAGE MATERIAL TYPES" to add one or multiple material types if there is not a material type list already uploaded. Only users with a Manager role can upload material types files or create new ones, see Account and User Roles Management and Material Management.
3.4 Group by material
Tick the box near "Group by material type" to group all stockpiles together that have the same material assigned at the top of the list. Stockpiles without materials assigned will be grouped at the bottom of the list.
3.5 Add a new stockpile
Self-Service Stockpiles can be created by using your own manually generated polygons.
- Click on "+ Stockpile" to create a new stockpile and calculate the volume.
- Draw a polygon around the new stockpile and double-click to finish.
- A pop-up window will open
- Give this new stockpile a name
- Select on which source data you wish to calculate the volume - Digital Surface Model (DSM) or Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Select the methods to calculate the volume
- If known, you can also select the material type
- Click on save to add this new stockpile
- All the self-created stockpiles will be grouped under Self-Service Stockpiles.
3.6 Generating Stockpile Inventory Reports
It is possible to generate a report of all the stockpiles in different formats (PDF or CSV).
Step 1 - Click on the Generate report button.
Step 2 - Give a name to this report and choose its format.
Step 3 - The report will be available in the download section under the same survey it was generated for.
Note: To learn more about how to upload a list of material types, see Material Management.