Advanced Stockpile Analytics and Stockpile Module
The stockpile module allows you to perform an inventory of stored material. You can match and associate material types with volumes stored on your site.
Only a user with a Manager or User ole can access to the stockpile module. See Account and User Roles Management to get familiar with different roles and permissions.
Alteia performs Advanced Stockpile calculations for accurate and guaranteed aggregate production monitoring and reporting.
2. Advance stockpile analytic
2.1 Activate the Stockpile module
The advance analytic should be activated when it's the first use of the site.
Step 1 - To perform Self-Service stockpile management, activate the stockpile module by clicking on the 3 dots as seen in the image below, and click on "Activate stockpile module".
Step 2 - The module will appear in the left panel as seen below and can be accessed by clicking on the little arrow.
Note: If Advanced Stockpiles have been requested, the module will be activated by default upon delivery of the results.
2.2 Running Advanced Stockpiles Calculations
- From the left menu on an opened Site, go to the Analytics tab, you may look for the Advanced Stockpiles category or type the analytic name in the search bar and then click LAUNCH to initiate the analytics request.
2.3 Viewing Results
- After its completion, you will receive a notification informing you that the results are available. Click on the "Stockpiles" checkbox in the left menu panel to display stockpiles.
IMPORTANT: Stockpiles that have materials assigned to them will be displayed in brown, and stockpiles that don't have them are displayed in white.
- Clicking on the Stockpile icon, you will open a generic information panel of all the stockpiles on the right. This information panel will show information such as the total number of stockpiles, the total weight, and the total volume. It will also display a chart with the Material types and the number of piles belonging to that material type.
- Clicking on one of the stockpiles on the map will open the right panel with information specific to that selected pile. By clicking on "Show custom properties", the panel will display the ID, volume, volume unit, and area. of that selected stockpile:
Common error: the above explains how to view the Stockpile information outside the stockpile module. The below article will explain how to use/view the stockpiles within the Stockpile module.
3. Stockpile Module
This module allows you to perform an inventory of stored material. You can match and associate material types with volumes stored on your site.
Only a user with a Manager or a User role can access the stockpile module. To get familiar with what each role is allowed to do on Alteia, see Account and User Roles Management.
To access the module, please click on the arrow button (highlighted in red below) of the Stockpiles layer.
After accessing the module, on the left, you will see the list of all the stockpiles identified by Advanced Stockpiles analytics or the Self-Service stockpiles of the site. You can choose to display or hide any stockpile(s) by clicking on the checkbox that corresponds to that pile. You can also locate any pile on the map by double-clicking on the number that corresponds to that pile.
Stockpiles that don’t have a material type assigned to them are identified as a white polygon on the map and will have the following pictogram next to the checkbox in the left panel:
Stockpiles generated by using the analytic “Advanced Stockpiles” will be separated from user-created stockpiles and will make available as two different groups in the left panel: Advanced Stockpiles and Self-Service Stockpiles
Add material to a stockpile
To add a material to a given stockpile, please click on the stockpile to open its information panel and on the Material Type section, choose a material:
If you haven't uploaded a material types list or wish to add 1 or multiple material types, please click on Manage material types. (Only a user with a Manager role can upload material types files or create new ones - Account and User Roles Management) Click here to learn more about how to do Material Management.
Group by material
After assigning a material type to some or all of the stockpiles, you may group your piles by material type by clicking on "Group by material type" at the top of the list. All the stockpiles that have the same material will be grouped in together. Stockpiles that do not have materials assigned will be grouped at the bottom of the list.
Add a new stockpile
Self-Service Stockpiles can be created by using your own manually generated polygons and performing the action will cause the platform to automatically
calculate the volume of that pile. To do so, click on + Stockpile.
Draw a polygon around the new stockpile and double-click to finish.
- A pop-up window will open
- Give this new stockpile a name
- Select on which source data you wish to calculate the volume - Digital Surface Model (DSM) or Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Select the methods to calculate the volume
- If known, you can also select the material type
- Click on save to add this new stockpile
- Once created, all the self-created stockpiles will be grouped under Self Service Stockpiles.
Generating Stockpile Inventory Reports
It is possible to generate a report of all the stockpiles in different formats (PDF or CSV) by clicking on the Generate report button.
Give a name to this report and choose its format :
Once finished, the report will be available in the download section of the same survey it was generated on.
If you wish to learn more about how to upload a list of material types, see Material Management.